There are Certain Events of note going on this Advent around St. Louis that might be interesting or of interest to you:
- Glorious Night: A Christmas Concert with the Daughters of St. Paul - Back for two nights only! Join the Daughters of St. Paul Choir for a joyful night of song, dance, and prayer to prepare for the coming of Christ on December 9th and 10th at Chaminade High School. Tickets are available for $20 each and can be purchased online here, at Pauline Books & Media on Watson Road, or by calling (314) 965-6935. https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/MjE1OTA=
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Celebrations - Our Lady of Guadalupe Celebrations at St. Joseph parish in Manchester, MO. Outside of Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish in Ferguson, this is this best OLG Celebration I have heard of or been to (gone the last 2 or so years) MO in St. Louis and very highly recommend it and plan on attending it again this year.
- Dec. 11, 2018 –
- Rosary at 11 pm followed by traditional mañanitas with live Music by some of our very own St. Joe parishioners.
- Dec. 12, 2018
- Procession outside of the Church
- Mass followed by a Mexican traditional dinner in the Parish Center. Everyone is welcome!!
- Dec. 11, 2018 –
Speaking of St. Joe Manchester……. Why spend money getting hay for your parish’s nativity scene (or home’s nativity scene for that matter) when you can do this (from the column of the pastor of St. Joe Manchester, Fr. Thomas M. Pastorius):
Parish Advent Project: COMFORTING JESUS - Each week during Advent, we invite you to sit down and think of something that you (and your family) learned about God, or an act of service that you (and your family) plan to accomplish in the upcoming weeks as you prepare spiritually for Christmas. You may also choose a petition or two that you and your family will pray for in a special way during Advent. Please write them down on a piece of paper. (Families with younger kids may choose to talk about Christmas and to have the children draw pictures of Christmas Bible scenes). We then invite you to run these papers through the paper shredder near our stable in the back of Church. The shredded paper will then be used to line the manger scene where the baby Jesus will be placed at Christmas Mass. The idea is that the more good deeds we do, the more comfortable Jesus will be upon his arrival.
Advent by Tail Light (Saturday, Dec. 8, 6:00 PM) – (Yes, it DID say Advent by Tail Light) - Men, what better way to prepare for the coming of Christ than with a tailgate party? Join us in the back parking lot of Christ Prince of Peach parish (on Weidman Road in Ballwin, MO) on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 6:00 PM for chili, fire, a brief reflection, and lots of great fellowship. This event is for all adult men. No registration necessary. Be sure to bring your own chair and beverages. For more information or to volunteer to make a pot of chili, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is usually a display of Nativity Scenes from around the World (literally) at St. Anthony of Padua Parish in South St. Louis on a weekend during Advent, but cannot find out when. If I Find out when, I’ll let you know. In the meantime, watch this video I made of the Displays in 2011….enjoy!
Bryan V. Hewing
New Media Coordinator, IWKnights of Columbus