Did you know this about the IW Knights of Columbus?
As a follow-up to our story last week about the "Warriors to Lourdes" the following provides information about how the nearby diocese of Peoria, Illinois planned to honor the men and women who have served their country.
"From his office at Holy Family Church, Father Jeffrey Laible is also working to bring them the healing they may still need physically, spiritually and emotionally.
A lieutenant colonel in the Illinois Air National Guard, 183rd Wing (Springfield), and longtime military chaplain, Father Laible is the spiritual director for Warriors to Lourdes. The program has been sponsored by the Archdiocese for the Military Services and the Knights of Columbus since 2013, and is part of the International Military Pilgrimage to the Marian shrine in Lourdes, France.
The theme for this year’s pilgrimage, which was held May 15-22, 2018, is 'Pacem in Terris' or 'Peace on Earth'.
Father Laible called it 'a time of prayer, a time of peace, a time of healing, a time of reconciliation' for post-9/11 service members who may be on active duty, retired, or honorably discharged. While they come from different branches of the military, what they have in common is that they have seen combat and been injured in some way. That includes PTSD or post-traumatic stress disorder, he said, noting that not all wounds can be seen.
Any wounded warrior and their designated caregiver who applies for the pilgrimage and is accepted, goes free of charge, according to Father Laible. Knights of Columbus Charities Inc. underwrites the $2,600 cost per person, which includes all expenses, except for transportation to and from the airport.
Father Laible said he would be happy to talk with local Knights of Columbus councils that would like to help. He can be reached at (217) 732-4019."
Follow the link on www.IWKnights.com/bulletin or at facebook.com/IWknights 9981 and NOW on Twitter at twitter.com/IwKnights to read the entire article which was re- published on www.KofC.org. The article was originally carried on "theCatholicPost.com", the on-line newspaper of the diocese of Peoria, IL.
Links Related to this week’s column:
- FATHER LAIBLE HELPS WOUNDED WARRIORS FIND PEACE DURING PILGRIMAGE TO LOURDES
by Jennifer Willems - The Catholic Post (November 3, 2017)
- The Official Newspaper of the Diocese of Peoria, IL
- Father Jeffrey G. Laible
Priest of the Catholic Diocese of Peoria in Illinois.
- Pastor St. Patrick, Elkhart; St. Thomas Aquinas, Mt. Pulaski; Chaplain at Logan and Lincoln Correctional Centers while remaining Pastor at Holy Family, Lincoln; St. Mary, Atlanta (IL).
- spiritual director for Warriors to Lourdes.
- lieutenant colonel in the Illinois Air National Guard, 183rd Wing (Springfield), and longtime military chaplain.
- 2018 WARRIORS TO LOURDES PILGRIMAGE
- sponsored by the Archdiocese for the Military Services, USA, and the Knights of Columbus, is the latest event in a long history of both organizations’ involvement in Lourdes and service to the military..
Please shop our book and CD Rack-in-the-Back. Suggested Donation for the CD's is $3.00/title - books on the top shelf are FREE.
We would like to talk with you about becoming an IW Knight. Please visit us on-line at our web site: www.IWknights.com/AboutUs. Or call Rob at: (314) 973-2373.